Waldur keeps state in 2 components:
- Database - main persistency layer.
- Message queue - contains transient data mostly about scheduled jobs and cache.
Of these, only database needs to be backed up.
A typical approach to a backup is:
1. Create a DB dump
- An entire db dump
- An entire db dump with cleanup commands:
- A db dump containing only data
2. Copy backup to a remote location
Using rsync / scp or more specialised tools.
3. Restore the created backup
We suggest to make sure that backups are running regularly, e.g. using cron.
Last update: 2023-10-23